Articles: 327 results Filter results »
The Department for Education has uploaded a new YouTube video on the Reception baseline assessment explaining how it will work.
Schools can sign up from Friday (1 March) to pilot the Reception baseline assessment, which starts this autumn.
Disadvantaged boys benefit most from starting Reception in September, according to new research.
The children’s commissioner has called for better regulation of home education in England.
A new study suggests when preparing children to start school there should be more emphasis on building skills to make and maintain friendships.
New early years resources have been launched to help children cut their intake of sugary food and drink.
A new report recommends all nurseries and schools link with care homes to improve children’s educational attainment.
Children are arriving at school without winter coats and wearing sandals in cold weather, according to teachers polled by the National Education Union.
Nine out of ten parents are worried about the future of their deaf child’s education amid the SEND funding crisis.
School budgets have been cut by £1.7 billion in real terms since 2015, according to new research.
- Schools (327)
- Policy and politics (156)
- Early years education (137)
- Provision (132)
- Nurseries (108)
- Online only (101)
- Childcare (93)
- Funding (51)
- Health (50)
- Curriculum (45)
- Childminding (40)
- Local authorities (40)
- Families (38)
- Child development (35)
- Children's centres (28)
- Health and nutrition (28)
- Careers and training (20)
- Legislation and regulation (19)
- Working with parents (17)
- Inclusion (14)
- Management (14)
- Training/education/students (13)
- Birth to threes (10)
- Equipment and resources (10)
- Inspection (10)
- Special needs (10)
- Nutrition (8)
- Business (7)
- Literacy (6)
- Observation/assessment/planning (5)
- Practice (5)
- Social services (5)
- Activities (4)
- Communication and language (4)
- Safeguarding/child protection (4)
- Early years teacher status (2)
- Noticeboard (2)
- Analysis (1)
- Behaviour (1)
- Expressive arts and design (1)
- Mathematics (1)
- Other (1)
- Outdoors (1)
- Personal/social/emotional development (1)
- Positive relationships (1)
- Sectors (1)