Articles: 16 results Filter results »
Children are either born with or without a natural talent for maths, according to a new study.
Free curriculum-linked activity resources and the opportunity to apply for a grant of up to 20,000 are being offered to nurseries and pre-schools by the children's television channel Nick Jr.
Babies understand the concept of numbers and counting from as early as 18 months, according to new research.
The upcoming review of the Early Years Foundation Stage needs to look carefully at worldwide studies of effective pre-school approaches, says Oli de Botton of the CfBT Education Trust.
There is 'overwhelming' support among most early years practitioners for the EYFS framework, new research by the Institute of Education suggests.
Only meaningful dialogue between the Government and the early years sector will avoid ideological swings in policy and achieve a balanced approach to reform of the EYFS, say Margaret Edgington, Richard House and Kim Simpson of the Open EYE Campaign.
- Mathematics (16)
- Curriculum (13)
- Child development (6)
- Understanding the world (6)
- Literacy (5)
- Communication and language (4)
- Practice (4)
- Online only (3)
- Policy and politics (3)
- Activities (2)
- Expressive arts and design (2)
- Observation/assessment/planning (2)
- Other (2)
- Personal/social/emotional development (2)
- Physical development (2)
- A unique child (1)
- Archive (1)
- Childcare (1)
- Early years teacher status (1)
- Early years education (1)
- Enabling environments (1)
- Equipment and resources (1)
- Inspection (1)
- Learning & development (1)
- Positive relationships (1)
- Provision (1)
- Schools (1)