On the menu - Cheesy Feet
Friday, May 3, 2013
This is the favourite snack of Phoebe and Daisy Thompson, who attend Dizzy Ducks' Mayflower nursery.
The family says, 'We make this all the time at home (pretty much weekly) and both the girls love them. They are really easy and children can get messy with the dough too, so it's a total winner all round.
'I got the foot-shaped cutter from Amazon, but we use other ones too, so we have cheesy hearts and cheesy stars.'
100g mature grated cheese
100g plain flour
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture starts to form
- Use your hands to make a ball of dough, and if it's too dry add a drop or two of water
- Roll out on a floured surface to about 0.5cm deep and use any small, shaped cutter
- Lay out on a baking tray with space between each shape, as the biscuits tend to spread a little while in the oven
- Bake at gas 4/180degC for about 10-12 minutes until the biscuits take on a golden colour
- Cool on a wire rack and try not to eat the whole batch in one go.
Biscuits suitable for home freezing