On the menu: Apricot Chicken and Shepherd's Pie
Monday, January 13, 2014
Recipes from Dizzy Ducks Favourite Recipe Collection book
Apricot Chicken and Sweet Potato
Provided by Amelie Fairhead from Mayflower Nursery - a perfect recipe for weaning.Suitable for six months; prep time six minutes; cooking time 25 minutes; suitable for freezing; makes five portions.
1 tbsp sunflower oil
40g chopped onion
2 chicken thigh fillets (approx 175g), trimmed and cut into pieces
200g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
8 dried apricots, chopped
400ml chicken stock
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the onion for four minutes or until softened but not coloured.
- Add the chunks of chicken thigh and saute for about two minutes. Add the sweet potato and saute for one minute.
- Add the chopped apricots and pour over the chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Blend to a puree.
Recipe from our Harlow nursery chef.
750g of potatoes
500g of lamb mince
1 chopped onion
4 chopped carrots
200ml lamb stock
200g tin of tomatoes
1 tsp mixed herbs
Dash of Worcester sauce
- Brown onions then add mince. Once browned add tinned tomatoes, stock, carrots, herbs and Worcester sauce. Simmer for ten minutes.
- Cook potatoes and mash with a small amount of milk and butter.
- Add mince to an oven-proof dish and spread the potato over the top.
- Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes at 200degC.