Education and Childcare T level
Thursday, May 31, 2018
One of the first to be launched in 2020, the education and childcare T level is a new two-year level 3 study programme. It is a vocational alternative to an A level and apprenticeships and was launched as part of the Government's review of vocational education, under the Skills Plan.
Content of the education and childcare T level, such as the knowledge and skills required, is divided into five ‘performance outcomes’. They are:
- support and promote children’s play, development and early education.
- develop relationships with children to facilitate their development.
- plan, provide and review care, play and educational opportunities to enable children to progress.
- safeguard and promote the health, safety and well-being of children.
- work in partnership with colleagues, parents, carers and other professionals to support children’s development.
The outline content has been produced by a T level panel if employers, professinal bodies etc and has been based on the same standards as those used for apprenticeships.
Maps identifying occupations for the development of apprenticeship standards and T level qualifications have been developed and were published last week.
Consultation closes 30th June after being extended twice.
Consultation documents can be found here