Nursery Equipment: becoming a sustainable setting
Monday, June 24, 2019
The latest edition of our annual Nursery Equipment supplement, free with this issue of Nursery World,looks at how early years settings can adopt an eco-friendly approach in all aspects of their work.
Nursery Equipment explores sustainability from a range of resourcing perspectives and illuminates the powerful context for young children's authentic, early learning, starting with their own interests, and setting them up to be the ethical citizens of the future.
Included in this edition:
- Professor John Siraj-Blatchford explains why education for sustainable development is so vital for young children.
- We look at how you can make sure that you run your business in an eco-friendly way.
- How practitioners can best introduce sustainability issues to children in early years settings.
- A guide to resourcing your setting with environmentally-friendly products.
- A case study of Abacus Nursery and Childcare, which has introduced a wide range of sustainable measures.
- Designing and constructing eco-friendly buildings for early years services
- Source cheap and diverse recycled resources from scrap stores.
Don't miss this essential guide, free in print and online for all Nursery World subscribers.