Alliance launches toolkit to help settings get through a 'demanding' winter
Wednesday, November 17, 2021
A series of winter-themed resources to help early years settings face seasonal challenges has been launched.
The Early Years Alliance’s new Winter Toolkit is designed to help settings get through what is expected to be a ‘particularly demanding’ year with the normal challenges cold weather presents, on top of Covid-19 and the usual flu season.
To help staff and children stay safe and healthy, the toolkit, which is free to Alliance members, includes a series of guides, posters and other resources addressing seasonal issues with advice on keeping outdoor areas safe, a booster jab reminder poster for staffrooms, guidance on supporting staff wellbeing, and advice on winter outdoor activities.
The pack also includes a template letter to inform parents and carers of a positive Covid-19 case for settings who may not have received anything from their local authority.
The full toolkit contains:
- Winter safety guidance for early years settings.
- The Alliance’s Infection prevention and control mini-guide.
- Whatever the Weather outdoor activity guide for the colder months.
- Tips for supporting staff wellbeing in winter.
- A guide to children’s flu vaccines for parents and carers.
- Posters (in two alternative designs) encouraging parents and carers to book their child’s flu vaccine.
- A childhood vaccination schedule poster for parents and carers.
- A staffroom poster encouraging eligible staff to book their Covid-19 booster jab.
- A template letter for settings and services to send parents and carers in the event of a positive Covid-19 case.
- A poster for parents and carers answering commonly asked questions about Covid-19 symptoms and testing.
The pack is free to Early Years Alliance members and can be downloaded via the Members’ Area of the ‘My EYA Portal’. Non-members can also purchase the pack, priced at £15.