Articles: 1186 results Filter results »
Education and Childcare Minister Elizabeth Truss answers Nursery World readers' questions about More Great Childcare and More Affordable Childcare
While there are no changes to senior Government posts following the reshuffle, Labour has made some key appointments to the shadow cabinet.
Teaching unions have renewed calls for a ban on the phonics reading test, following the publication of the provisional results of this year's check.
The Department for Education (DfE) is toughening its stance on local authority approaches to funding childminders for free early education places.
The children's nursery sector has grown more than the economy over the past year and its overall value is now 4.6 bn, according to Laing and Buisson's 2013 survey.
Wendy Ellyat says the Government response to 'Too Much Too Young' is inadequate and issues an invitation to join the campaign
Ten thousand more children will become eligible for pupil premium funding in plans announced by children's minister Edward Timpson today.
Twenty organisations will pilot childminder agencies over the next 12 months.
Following last weekend's Big Conversation, Ofsted has confirmed that it would like to meet with representatives from the early years sector.
The National Day Nurseries Association is calling for all nurseries to be exempt from business rates, following Ed Miliband's pledge to lower them for small businesses.
- Policy and politics (1180)
- Online only (594)
- Provision (513)
- Management (457)
- Working with parents (255)
- Careers and training (120)
- Curriculum (113)
- Child development (89)
- Families (69)
- Legislation and regulation (65)
- Health and nutrition (56)
- Funding (42)
- Inclusion (37)
- Practice (37)
- Viewpoint (35)
- Inspection (32)
- Business (31)
- Birth to threes (19)
- Communication and language (14)
- Literacy (14)
- Other (14)
- Hr update (12)
- Nancy stewart (11)
- Leader (10)
- Safeguarding/child protection (9)
- Supplement - nursery management (9)
- Vidhya alakeson (9)
- Nutrition (8)
- Archive (7)
- Early years teacher status (7)
- Interview (7)
- Take twos (5)
- Equipment and resources (4)
- Health (4)
- Learning & development (4)
- Special needs (4)
- Personal/social/emotional development (3)
- Expressive arts and design (2)
- Supplement - nursery chains (2)
- A unique child (1)
- Activities (1)
- Behaviour (1)
- Career profile (1)
- Mathematics (1)
- Observation/assessment/planning (1)
- Physical development (1)
- Understanding the world (1)