Articles: 20 results Filter results »
TEN LITTLE FINGERS AND TEN LITTLE TOES.
Small-world play offers children the chance to explore real and imagined worlds in miniature. Early years settings put a range of small-world play equipment to the test and report back to Nicole Weinstein.
- How to be a Baby by Me The Big Sister by Sally Lloyd-Jones and Sue Heap; Walker Books, hardback, 10.99
In practice, treasure baskets are a tried and tested resource that provide endless fascination for the babies who explore them, but their originator was strict about how they should be made and used. Here Nicole Weinstein asks early years settings to try out different versions.
- The Baby in the Hat written by Allan Ahlberg, illustrated by Andre Amstutz
Colours, Yes No, Faces, Shapes, Numbers, Wheels
Art and craft activities give children the opportunity to explore their creativity through sensory experiences. Early years practitioners try out the latest resources and give Nicole Weinstein their feedback.
How to Heal A Broken Wing by Bob Graham; Walker Books, hardback, 10.99
GRUMPY CAT by Britta Teckentrup; Boxer Books, hardback, 11.99
- Equipment and resources (20)
- Practice (20)
- Books - children (13)
- Learning & development (13)
- Enabling environments (7)
- Other (7)
- Birth to threes (4)
- Activities (2)
- Communication and language (2)
- Curriculum (2)
- Literacy (2)
- Observation/assessment/planning (2)
- Personal/social/emotional development (2)
- Understanding the world (2)
- Child development (1)
- Expressive arts and design (1)
- Mathematics (1)
- Provision (1)