Articles: 1018 results Filter results »
An initiative in Liverpool looking at ICT has taken practitioners into new territory, says project developer Ann Langston of Early Years Matters.
Pebbles Children's Centre in Basingstoke hosted the launch of the Giant Wiggle, a sponsored conga campaign in aid of Action for Children based on best-selling children's book The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
Primary school children in England and Wales turning up at school hungry are missing out on eight weeks of education, reveals new research.
Children who read for pleasure are more likely to perform well at maths and English, according to new research by the Institute of Education (IOE).
A focus on 'school readiness', testing at an ever-earlier age, and the downgrading of play threaten 'profound damage' to a generation of children, a group of experts warns today.
A truncated version of Development Matters has been published as new guidance for early years practitioners and inspectors to help them review children's development in the EYFS.
School starting age campaigners in Northern Ireland are today (Wednesday) meeting with the Northern Ireland Assembly's Education Committee to urge 'speedy action' on introducing a more flexible system.
Rhythm is a critical area for both communication and physical skills development, so how can practitioners ensure children's learning is supported? Lala Manners reports.
An inspiring male role model, in the form of artist Fabric Lenny, has been encouraging creative mark-making alongside improved communication and collaboration. Helen Chilton explains.
Cooking and playing with these colourful, exciting ingredients will help children build their knowledge of different tastes, says Marianne Sargent.
- Curriculum (966)
- Practice (731)
- Learning & development (374)
- Activities (359)
- Child development (282)
- Enabling environments (225)
- Communication and language (212)
- Literacy (199)
- Other (199)
- Online only (145)
- Understanding the world (140)
- Expressive arts and design (139)
- Personal/social/emotional development (126)
- Policy and politics (125)
- Equipment and resources (108)
- Management (96)
- Provision (95)
- Birth to threes (94)
- Observation/assessment/planning (86)
- Physical development (86)
- Working with parents (77)
- Mathematics (69)
- Let's explore (56)
- Outdoors (51)
- Positive relationships (48)
- A unique child (47)
- Eyfs best practice (30)
- Music and rhymes (30)
- Health and nutrition (29)
- Supplement - nursery equipment (29)
- Careers and training (27)
- Archive (25)
- Inclusion (25)
- Case study (23)
- All about (17)
- Behaviour (14)
- Collections (11)
- Under 3s activities (11)
- Parents guide (9)
- Legislation and regulation (5)
- Nutrition (5)
- Viewpoint (4)
- Families (3)
- Funding (3)
- Business (2)
- Early years teacher status (2)
- Inspection (2)
- Interview (2)
- Books - children (1)
- Career profile (1)
- Health (1)
- Leader (1)
- Nancy stewart (1)
- Supplement - nursery chains (1)
- Supplement - nursery management (1)