Articles: 1018 results Filter results »
As part of her research, Jo has devised a set of number games for pre-school children known as PLUS, to help them to learn maths skills. These have been piloted with six local nurseries.
The Deputy Prime Minister is expected to say this week that he believes free schools have too much freedom.
Design and technology sparks imagination and helps children begin to make sense of the world in which we live, says Nicole Weinstein.
Bureaucracy and misconceptions led to the decline of 'teaching' in the original EYFS. Early years expert Lena Engel explains why it must be restored to its rightful place under the revised framework.
Use this colourful season to introduce children to a changing environment and encourage physical development, suggests Marianne Sargent.
Cooking offers many valuable learning opportunities and experiences. Annette Rawstrone hears how different nurseries use it in their practice.
Encouraging healthy eating is just one of the many benefits of gardening, reports Annette Rawstrone.
Disadvantaged children who are behind in the 'three Rs' at the age of seven already have their life chances determined, according to Save the Children.
Teaching unions have renewed calls for a ban on the phonics reading test, following the publication of the provisional results of this year's check.
Making authentic links between reading and talking has been helping early years practitioners and teachers to develop children's communication, language and literacy. Di Chilvers explains.
- Curriculum (966)
- Practice (731)
- Learning & development (374)
- Activities (359)
- Child development (282)
- Enabling environments (225)
- Communication and language (212)
- Literacy (199)
- Other (199)
- Online only (145)
- Understanding the world (140)
- Expressive arts and design (139)
- Personal/social/emotional development (126)
- Policy and politics (125)
- Equipment and resources (108)
- Management (96)
- Provision (95)
- Birth to threes (94)
- Observation/assessment/planning (86)
- Physical development (86)
- Working with parents (77)
- Mathematics (69)
- Let's explore (56)
- Outdoors (51)
- Positive relationships (48)
- A unique child (47)
- Eyfs best practice (30)
- Music and rhymes (30)
- Health and nutrition (29)
- Supplement - nursery equipment (29)
- Careers and training (27)
- Archive (25)
- Inclusion (25)
- Case study (23)
- All about (17)
- Behaviour (14)
- Collections (11)
- Under 3s activities (11)
- Parents guide (9)
- Legislation and regulation (5)
- Nutrition (5)
- Viewpoint (4)
- Families (3)
- Funding (3)
- Business (2)
- Early years teacher status (2)
- Inspection (2)
- Interview (2)
- Books - children (1)
- Career profile (1)
- Health (1)
- Leader (1)
- Nancy stewart (1)
- Supplement - nursery chains (1)
- Supplement - nursery management (1)