Articles: 96 results Filter results »
Good practice in observation, planning and assessment can always be improved, with the right training, says Mary Evans.
It's not enough to just watch and record what a child does at play. Mary Evans considers how to make observation true to its purpose.
Ahead of a much-anticipated review of the EYFS this year, many nursery heads have firm views on which aspects of the framework need to be improved, writes Melanie Defries.
A distance learning course examining children's learning could interest graduates, says Karen Faux.
See how children can learn about how the environment works while recycling their nursery food waste, as Sue Learner did.
It is put to innovative use by one nursery concerned about making observations in the Early Years Foundation Stage, says Karen Faux.
- Management (96)
- Curriculum (92)
- Policy and politics (37)
- Online only (26)
- Provision (23)
- Child development (22)
- Practice (22)
- Communication and language (14)
- Careers and training (12)
- Equipment and resources (9)
- Other (9)
- Supplement - nursery equipment (9)
- Working with parents (6)
- Learning & development (5)
- Literacy (5)
- Birth to threes (4)
- Observation/assessment/planning (4)
- Personal/social/emotional development (3)
- Activities (2)
- Archive (2)
- Expressive arts and design (2)
- Health and nutrition (2)
- Inclusion (2)
- Legislation and regulation (2)
- Understanding the world (2)
- Business (1)
- Career profile (1)
- Early years teacher status (1)
- Inspection (1)
- Supplement - nursery chains (1)
- Supplement - nursery management (1)