Articles: 128 results Filter results »
All-round learning in this part of the nursery requires equipment large and small, says Diana Lawton.
How do you create a quality learning environment? Gill Farnworth, head teacher of Westfield Nursery School, Stoke-on-Trent, explains the approach of her staff team.
The environment we provide for children should meet their needs to a point where they can direct their own play and learning, says Anne O'Connor.
In the first of an occasional series, Claire Stevenson, Donna Luck and Veronica Lawrence look at learning resources designed for children under three and the powerful effects of imagery.
With so much to gain from the effective use of ICT, it makes sense to ensure that early years settings are suitably resourced, says Jane Drake.
For some children, enclosed areas are essential to support their cognitive development, says Elizabeth Jarman, in the first of a series looking at the kinds of spaces early years settings need to provide.
Imagination is the most valuable resource for creating spaces where children love to talk, says Elizabeth Jarman.
There are many benefits to setting up a Foundation Stage unit, although practitioners should be aware of the challenges
- Enabling Environments (128)
- Practice (124)
- Curriculum (64)
- Equipment and resources (57)
- Outdoors (36)
- Activities (31)
- Supplement - nursery equipment (24)
- Child development (17)
- Learning & development (14)
- Birth to threes (12)
- Physical development (12)
- Provision (12)
- Collections (11)
- Expressive arts and design (11)
- Other (11)
- Case study (9)
- Personal/social/emotional development (9)
- Understanding the world (9)
- Communication and language (8)
- Literacy (7)
- Eyfs best practice (6)
- Management (6)
- Let's explore (4)
- Mathematics (4)
- Schools (4)
- All about (3)
- Early years education (3)
- Observation/assessment/planning (3)
- Inclusion (2)
- Supplement - nursery management (2)
- A unique child (1)
- Archive (1)
- Behaviour (1)
- Positive relationships (1)
- Working with parents (1)