Speech and Language awards launch this month
03 Aug 2018, Meredith Jones Russell
The awards, run jointly by The Communication Trust and Pearson, are now in their seventh year. There are 12 categories to enter that recognise innovative work and excellence in supporting children and young people's communication development.
The Shine a Light Awards website www.shinealightawards.co.uk will be open to receive applications from the end of August.
Award categories will include:
- early years setting of the year award
- primary school of the year award
- secondary school or college of the year award
- SEN school or group of the year award
- child/young person of the year award
- youth justice of the year award
- speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) innovation of the year award
- communication champion of the year award
- augmentative and alternative communication of the year award
- outstanding achievement award
- the Katie Rough memorial award for innovative or excellent practice when working with children and young people affected by selective mutism
The awards ceremony will take place on Thursday 21 March 2019, with Britain’s Got Talent winner, Lee Ridley, also known as the Lost Voice Guy, performing at the event alongside a celebrity host to be announced.
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.