The power of play: ensuring challenge and progression through child initiated learning in the EYFS
Thursday, October 6, 2016
Explore the vital role of play in young children’s learning during this exciting and interactive course.
· Hear the evidence linking play based learning to the highest outcomes for children, and understand the theory behind this
· Learn how to provide challenging, open ended play experiences which extend children’s thinking and encourage the highest levels of motivation and engagement
· Consider the key role of the adult in sensitively supporting and extending children’s self- initiated learning
· Explore how to develop a rich environment indoors and outdoors, that maximises the potential for learning at the highest levels
· Gain a multitude of ideas for ways of supporting children’s academic learning through exciting, play based experiences that can be cheaply and easily provided
· See numerous visual examples of inspiring practice from schools and settings that have been judged ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
· Leave feeling inspired, informed and confident to teach young children the way they learn best
Target audience: nursery and reception teachers, nursery and reception practitioners, teaching assistants, nursery managers, EYFS leaders, subject leaders, senior leaders
You can view Kym Scott's biography on her dedicated Associates page.
9.30 - 3.30