Explore the vital role of play in young children’s learning during this exciting and interactive course.
· Hear the evidence linking play based learning to the highest outcomes for children, and understand the theory behind this
· Learn how to provide challenging, open ended play experiences which extend children’s thinking and encourage the highest levels of motivation and engagement
· Consider the key role of the adult in sensitively supporting and extending children’s self- initiated learning
· Explore how to develop a rich environment indoors and outdoors, that maximises the potential for learning at the highest levels
· Gain a multitude of ideas for ways of supporting children’s academic learning through exciting, play based experiences that can be cheaply and easily provided
· See numerous visual examples of inspiring practice from schools and settings that have been judged ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
· Leave feeling inspired, informed and confident to teach young children the way they learn best
Target audience: nursery and reception teachers, nursery and reception practitioners, teaching assistants, nursery managers, EYFS leaders, subject leaders, senior leaders
You can view Kym Scott's biography on her dedicated Associates page.
9.30 - 3.30