This recipe is dairy-free. However, you could substitute butter for the oil, although this will result in the cake being less moist.
(for about two large loaf tins)
250g finely grated sweet potatoes
200g light brown sugar
325g self-raising flour
250 ml oil
100g sliced dried apricots
1 tsp freshly grated ginger (or dried can be used)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp of baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degsc
- Sieve all the dry items in to a bowl then add dried fruit
- Grate the sweet potato, ginger and orange zest, add to a bowl with the juice, eggs and oil and beat lightly with a fork
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mix - doing it like this will make for a smoother batter
- Pour the cake mix in to lined tins and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until just firm to the touch, leave to cool and enjoy.