Nursery World Business Summit 2016
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Nursery World's third annual Business Summit, with a fantastic line-up of speakers
Early years minister Caroline Dinenage is to give the keynote speech, looking at the 30 hours free childcare policy, the workforce strategy and the revised EYFS.
A great programme of workshops includes one on buying and selling nurseries by Mark Traynor, partner at HRC Law, and Courteney Donaldson, head of childcare at Christie & Co, who have been behind may of the biggest deals this year. Dr Sue Allingham will also be running a workshop to give advice on best practice and meeting Ofsted's requirements.
The conference also includes:
- Lessons from councils taking part in the 30-hour free places pilots.
- Outlook for the economic and labour market post-Brexit, with Nida Broughton, chief economist of the Social Market Foundation.
- Potential of the workforce strategy to raise quality and meet demand - a cross-sector panel and an audience debate.
- Update on the Common Inspection Framework and Ofsted’s priorities for early years inspections, with Gill Jones of Ofsted.
- Penny Tassoni on nurturing senior talent and developing great leaders.
- How great TV programmes can feed children’s curiosity, thought patterns and capacity to learn - Anne Wood, creator of Teletubbies.
- Exclusive preview of this year’s Nursery Chains league tables
PLUS: Further workshops on SEND and inclusive practice; early years nutrition; and branding
More information and booking at www.nurserybusiness-summit.com