Further Education data collection
Tuesday, July 3, 2018
The Government is calling for evidence on how data collection can be improved on the further education sector.
The DfE says high quality, accurate and comprehensive workforce data will help it and the sector to achieve:
- A strong and resilient sector comprised of a range of providers delivering high quality learning opportunities for all their learners and employers.
- Outstanding leadership and high quality teaching everywhere. This is an essential part of ensuring everyone in our society has the opportunity to succeed and to improve the productivity of the country.
They particularly want to hear from organisations and individuals that provide, collect or use FE workforce data. These could be, for example, FE learning providers, representative bodies, academic institutions or teaching and support staff.
Data sources include:
- Work based Learning Workforce Survey;
- Adult and Community Learning Workforce Survey;
- The Experiences of Black and Minority Ethnic Staff in Further and Higher Education.
DfE has commissioned CFE Research to manage the Call for Evidence on its behalf.
Contact the CFE Research team at FECall@cfe.org.uk
or email the DfE team at Feworkforce.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consultation closes on 20 Jul 2018
Consultation documents can be found here