Education inspection framework 2019: inspecting the substance of education
Monday, January 21, 2019
Ofsted has opened a consultation on its new Education Inspection Framework.
The EIF covers all stages from early years to further education, and shifts the focus of inspections from data to the curriculum.
The key proposals for consultation include:
- a new ‘quality of education’ judgement, with the curriculum at its heart
- looking at outcomes in context and whether they are the result of a coherently planned curriculum, delivered well
- no longer using schools’ internal performance data as inspection evidence, to ensure inspection does not create unnecessary work for teachers
- separate judgements about learners’ ‘personal development’ and ‘behaviour and attitudes’
- extending on-site time for short inspections of good schools to two days, to ensure inspectors have sufficient opportunity to gather evidence that a school remains good
The closing date for responses is 5 April 2019.
Read Nursery World's articles about the EIF, which will launch in September.