- 2 onions (sliced)
- 4 tbsp of curry paste
- 900ml of vegetable stock
- 800g mixed vegetables (harvested from our garden)
- 100g of red lentils
- 4 cups of rice
- Handful of raisins
- Sprinkle of turmeric
1. Heat and fry onions until they are golden brown.
2. Put a large pan of water on to boil (for the rice)
3. Stir the curry paste in to the onions and cook for one minute.
4. Add the vegetable stock to the onions and curry paste.
5. Add the vegetables and lentils and boil until they are soft.
6. Meanwhile, boil the rice in the pan of water and add turmeric.
7. Once the vegetables are soft, add the raisins.
8. Strain the rice
9. Serve the vegetable curry on a bed of rice.
- The recipe is courtesy of Little Barn Owls Nursery and Farm School, Horsham, www.littlebarnowls.co.uk.