Serves 6-8 toddlers
2 cups of split red lentils, washed thoroughly
2 medium onions
3-4 celery sticks
1 flat soup spoon of ground coriander seeds
1 flat soup spoon of ground cumin
Fresh chopped coriander
1. Dice the onions, carrots and celery.
2. Sauté together with the lentils in a little coconut oil and then cover with water.
3. Bring to the boil and then simmer until the carrots are soft.
4. Add the coriander seeds, cumin and a handful of chopped coriander. Add salt to taste.
5. If the soup seems thick, add more water.
6. Serve with a dash of olive oil and a slice of toasted rye bread.