The 12-week consultation seeks views on the proposed qualifications criteria for the Level 2 early years assistant.
The proposed qualification criteria states that candidates will be required to demonstrate, skills, knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- knowledge of child development;
- health and safety
- health and well-being;
- support the planning of and deliver activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes;
- support children with special educational needs and disabilities;
- own role and development;
- working with others – parents, colleagues and other professionals.
The new Level 2 qualifications are expected to be ready by September 2019.
- Consultation deadline: 28 February 2018.
- To take part in the consultation click here