Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- 200g new potatoes, cubed
- 1-2tbsp olive oil, plus a bit extra for oiling the flan dish
- 75g red onion, finely sliced
- 1tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 5 free-range eggs
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190 degsC/375 degsF/gas mark 5.
- Boil the potatoes in a small saucepan for ten minutes, then drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, prepare the onion, garlic, pepper, tomato and cheese.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, then fry the onion and mixed herbs for five minutes, until the onion starts to become clear.
- Add the orange pepper and cook for two more minutes.
- Add the garlic and potatoes and cook for a further five minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the tomato and feta cheese.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a small mixing bowl, adding pepper to taste.
- Oil the flan dish then pop it in the oven for a few minutes to heat.
- Carefully remove the dish from the oven, pour in the vegetable and cheese mixture, and spread it evenly around the dish.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the vegetable mixture then press the vegetable mixture down with a fork or spoon so it is mostly covered with egg.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until set and golden.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, slice into wedges and serve.
(c) The Vegetarian Society 2009. Recipe taken from Veggie Kids' Kitchen, available for free at www.vegsoc.org.