Parent Club offers parents in Scotland the opportunity to learn more about the childcare options open to them and the benefits of early education, particularly in light of the expansion of the 1,140 hours, due to be introduced from 2020.
The new pages include information on:
- How early learning and childcare can give children extra TLC
- Funding and entitlement to early learning and childcare
- When children need additional support
- A guide to childcare support and benefits
- The benefits of early learning and childcare
- Things to consider when choosing early learning and childcare
- How to decide whether an early learning and childcare setting is high quality
More focused information on early learning and childcare (ELC) options for each local authority area is also available on the Parent Club pages.
Children’s minister Maree Todd said, ‘Parents often use ELC practitioners as a first port of call when they have concerns or questions around ELC provision. This is increasing as parents want to find out more about the expansion of funded childcare from August 2020, and the options available to them.
‘The new ELC pages on the Parent Club website is the start of a one-stop-shop for all information for parents in Scotland on their entitlement, whether they have a newborn and thinking about returning to work, or if their child is turning two or three and about to access their funded entitlement for the first time.
‘We hope that the new information hub will help ELC practitioners support parents and answer their questions by directing them to a reliable and growing source of information.’