Our flagship event returns to Islington’s Business Design Centre on 1 and 2 February 2019, with a packed programme of CPD-certified seminars and masterclasses, a free exhibition showcasing all the latest equipment, resources and services, Live Theatre presentations, a Nutrition Zone and more.
In Friday’s masterclass, 'The brain, learning and the early years', Prof Paul Howard-Jones will be looking at how learning occurs in the brain, and what this means for early years pedagogy. Joining him at three-hour event to talk about self-regulation and PSED will be Dr Sara Baker and Dr Jenny Gibson, principal investigators at the Centre for Research on Play in Education, Development and Learning (PEDAL) – established by the LEGO Foundation and located at the University of Cambridge.
Saturday's masterclass, 'Playing and creating in a digital world', will look at the emergence of 'converged play' - where children are increasingly combining digital and traditional materials in their play – and its implications for practice. Prof Elizabeth Wood and Dr Liz Chesworth, from the University of Sheffield, will look at play in early learning and suggest ways to enable children to become creative users - rather than passive consumers - of digital technology.
Hour-long seminars across the two days include:
- Penny Tassoni on how to build children's vocabulary
- Alice Sharp on small-world play
- Dr Sue Gifford on early maths
- Kym Scott on providing challenge and progression in children's learning
- Wendy Usher on autistic spectrum disorders
- Helen Moylett on the importance of self-regulation on early learning
- Dandelion Education on providing outdoor-only provision.
Special features will include:
- Live Theatre presentations from a selection of early years suppliers and advocates, with products, services and guidance to benefit your setting
- The Nursery Nutrition Zone, sponsored by Spring by Action for Children, with live cookery demonstrations delivered by nursery food and nutrition experts
- The Early Years Resources & Learning Zone, sponsored by TTS, where you can discover the Magic of Childhood by participating in informative activities, get hands-on with new resources and gain advice on enhancing your provision
- The Training & Consultancy Zone, sponsored by NEyTCO, where you can benefit from one-to-one direct access to the top trainers and consultants, discuss your training needs and receive expert guidance
- The Early Years Careers Zone, sponsored by the London Early Years Foundation (LEYF), the show’s Early Years Careers Partner, where you can meet staff, experience a LEYF nursery and discuss career aspirations
You can register to attend the show for free, and also book your seminar and masterclass tickets (currently at Early Bird Rates) at: