The session will be run by Richard Gold, an experienced manager and consultant with 20 years’ blue chip experience and an MBA from INSEAD. He is a Certified Facilitator in the LEGO® Serious Play® method and has been running LSP workshops for organisations in the private and public sectors for more than four years.
Richard will show how being playful can unlock the potential of your team.
He says, 'Playful approaches help build thinking, communication and problem-solving skills among children.
'In this interactive and experiential (and enjoyable) session, we’ll explore how the same is true for adults; why a huge amount of potential of individuals and teams is typically untapped; and how you can use playful techniques to surface it.
'Using LEGO® Serious Play®, a technique initially developed within LEGO as part of its own strategy process and now used in an increasing number of organisations, public and private, large and small across the world, we’ll reflect on a range of modern leadership themes such as psychological safety, systems thinking, diversity and inclusion, creativity and collaboration.'
Get ready to think with your hands while your brain tries to keep up!
This Nursery World Business Summit: Seeking solutions in complex times comes as the 30 hours funded childcare programme will have completed its first year, and recruiting staff and maintaining quality continue to prove very challenging. Added to this are the broader economy and Brexit effects.
Our essential one-day conference will give the early years sector the chance to meet, network, debate and look for solutions, as well as hear from expert presenters on a range of hot topics.
The programme also includes:
- Children and families minister Nadhim Zahawi MP on policy priorities for the early years sector
- Update on Ofsted inspection from Gill Jones
- Overview of the economy, Brexit and the labour market from Resolution Foundation director Torsten Bell
- The latest on the new T-levels and early years apprenticeships from the Institute for Apprenticeships
- French nursery group CEO Jean-Emmanuel Rodocanachi on his experiences of entering the UK market
- Why co-locating your nursery with a care home can work for young and old from the directors of United for All Ages
- Early years consultant Helen Moylett on what you need to know about the proposed revisions to the EYFS and the early learning goals
+ Join our Big Debates on hot topics for the sector, with expert speakers, panel discussion and audience participation