Visit the early childhood services of Peru
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Travel to Peru with Nursery World and Imaginative Traveller to see early years services in this fascinating and beautiful South American country.
Nursery World editor Liz Roberts will accompany the group on a journey that encompasses private professional visits to a range of early years settings and a superb cultural programme, including the magnificent Incan citadel of Machu Picchu.
Our visits to early childhood services include:
- The Casa Amarillo school in Lima, inspired by Reggio Emilia
- Cuna Nazareth in Lima, which has been catering for disadvantaged families for more than 50 years
- Pukllasunchis school in Cusco, where a play-based curriculum includes traditional Peruvian gardening and crafts
- Sencca Chectuyoc nursery in Cusco
- The Sol y Luna Association offering holistic education to the children of the Sacred Valley, caring for those with special needs
- A local school for the Native Community of Infierno in the Amazon
Cultural highlights of the trip are:
- A city tour of Lima
- The cathedral and temple in Cusco
- An Andean textile centre and market
- Train ride to Machu Picchu
- Boat trips and wildlife viewing in the Amazon
The tour is from 27 May to 7 June 2018.
Telephone: 01728 862 219