Countdown begins to Nursery World's Business Summit 2021
Thursday, February 4, 2021
Make sure you reserve your place for the 7th 'Nursery World Business Summit: a changed landscape', on 4-5 March with a line-up of top speakers tackling the big issues, dispensing advice and prompting debate at an extraordinary time for the early years sector.
Our essential conference has moved online, taking place on the afternoon of 4 March and the morning of 5 March 2021. An expert line-up of speakers from politics, Ofsted, nursery businesses and sector organisations will analyse and give the latest updates on the current operating environment.
The past year has been like no other for the early years sector, as the Covid-19 pandemic has brought lockdowns, restrictions and multiple operating challenges in terms of safety, staffing, occupancy and sustainability.
Funding shortages have been brought into even sharper relief, with forecasts of closures, but there have also been opportunities for growth and new ways of doing things that will endure. In a wider context, coronavirus has savaged the economy, but Brexit has staggered on. How do nursery businesses respond to such seismic change?
The conference includes:
- Shadow early years minister Tulip Siddiq and Neil Leitch of the Early Years Alliance on policy priorities
- Ofsted deputy director for schools and early education Gill Jones with an update on the future of inspection
- Focus on the economy with Lindsay Judge from the Resolution Foundation
- Buying and selling nurseries – insight from Bertram head of M&A Phil Sarthou and Mark Traynor of law firm TLT
- Arabella Dalloz of CACI exploring the latest demographic data that can inform your business strategy
- Dr Colin Michie, paediatrician and senior academic, on the latest research on young children and Covid-19
- Qualifications update with Julie Hyde, executive director of CACHE (NCFE)
- Leading consultant Stella Louis on building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
For more information about the Nursery World Business Summit and to register to attend, go to www.nurserybusiness-summit.com/home