On the menu: Chicken roulade
Friday, October 26, 2012
Supplied by Snapdragons Nursery, Bath, winner of this year's Nursery World food award
Makes enough for 4-6
1 organic chicken breast
For the side
Homemade chicken stock
- Butterfly spread your chicken breast and flatten it as thin as you can with a rolling pin.
- Make your spinach topping with onion, garlic and ground ginger. Saute the onion, garlic and spinach and then mix them together. Spread the chicken out, stuff with the mixture and then roll them in clingfilm.
- Put the chicken in a water bath by boiling some water and cook it for approximately 20 minutes.
- As the chicken is cooking, boil some new potatoes in a pan for about 20 minutes until they are soft.
- - Meanwhile, for your veloute, cook the onion and garlic in organic butter gently. Add a small amount of organic flour and mix it together, drizzling in your chicken stock to make a creamy sauce. Add fresh sage to season it.
- For your carrots, saute them gently in organic butter to give them a glistening glaze. Chop your kale finely and place it in a steamer or simply in a colander over boiling water for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve up.