Last month Elizabeth Truss was ordered to return before the committee of MPs which criticised the Government for failing to give adequate answers to recommendations made by the committee in its report on Sure Start children’s centres.
The session will cover issues relating to the select committee’s report published last December - Foundation Years: Sure Start Children’s Centres - and the Government’s response to it, published last month.
The cross-party group of MPs accused the Government of failing to take the early years seriously.
Graham Stuart MP, the committee’s chair described its response as ‘inadequate’.
Issues that will be covered include:
- the purpose and effectiveness of Sure Start children’s centres;
- outcomes and accountability;
- reaching children and families in need;
- commissioning and planning;
- and workforce and leadership development.
Brief written comments on the Government’s response can be submitted to the committee by 12 noon on Tuesday 3 June.